If you are looking for a career opportunity where YOU can make a difference and be a part of your community’s growth and well-being, then submit your interest for our Economic & Business Development Manager position. As a management team member, you are a critical connection working directly with developers, City Council, citizens and the Liberty Economic Development Corporation, ensuring their experiences with the City of Liberty are professional and positive.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Economic & Business Development Manager makes a difference in our community by the following (for a full list of essential functions, please refer to the job description):
• Manage development activities, including economic development, business growth, point of contact, business and development assistance; recommend and administer economic development related policies and procedures.
• Performs research, planning and technical analysis for complex economic and business development projects; oversees the preparation of economic, demographic and market reports.
• Oversee the review of economic development proposals and applications for adherence to appropriate policies and state rules and regulations; make recommendation on applications for economic development related activities; prepare reports on recommendations as requested.
• Assist in driving business impact to positively affect community growth, change, and citizen satisfaction with their municipal team and services.
• Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of economic development.
• Work in tandem with the Liberty Economic Development Corporation, providing guidance on economic development projects and activities.
• Serve as liaison between the Administration Department and the Planning & Development Department; work to negotiate and resolve controversial issues and in appropriate circumstances assist community with development processes.
To be successful in this position, you will need seven years of increasingly responsible professional management experience in urban planning or community development services and a BA in Urban Planning, Economic Development or related field. Master’s degree preferred. You will need the ability to demonstrate strong financial skills, high understanding of urban and economic development, project management, excellent communication skills and team leadership skills. Additional critical skills include consensus building among residents, elected officials and decisive decision making. Public sector experience preferred. Hiring salary is $75,000-$85,000 DOQ. Open until filled. Submit required City application and resume to Liberty City Hall, Attn: HR & Risk Management Director 101 E. Kansas St. Liberty, MO 64068 www.libertymo.gov.
To apply online and view the full job description click here.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
The City has 250+ employees and a $42.3 million budget. Through recent economic development projects, the City of Liberty has seen the creation of 5,000 jobs, $670 million in public /private partnership investments and $212 million investment in public infrastructure.
· In 2011, Ford Automotive chose Liberty for its $260 million, 449,000 square foot integrated stamping plant that now provides parts for company’s Transit Van. Since then, the facility has undergone three expansions, totaling more than $117 million in additional investments and 250 jobs to Liberty.
· Since coming to Liberty in 2012, Ford and Chevrolet automotive supplier LMV Automotive Systems has undergone two expansions on its original 212,000 square foot manufacturing facility and brought more than 670 new jobs to Liberty. They also added an Innovation and Training Center that provides training to new employees in skilled trade needed for the automotive facilities and manufacturing best practices. The original project was made possible through an assistance package that included Chapter 100 Tax abatement, Missouri Works Program and a Community development Block Grant.
· Currently under construction, the Liberty Logistics Park will add 920,000 square feet of industrial space plus another 23,000 square feet in retail/restaurant buildings. The largest of the three buildings will be 710,000 square feet with 32-foot high ceilings and up to 146 dock doors.
· In an effort to encourage property investment, historic preservation and improve value and appearance of buildings and residences in downtown Liberty, the City implemented 353 residential and commercial property tax abatement programs that has resulted in more than$3.8 million in property improvements.
The City of Liberty offers amazing benefits and perks that include:
· Variety of low cost benefit plans
· 70% discount to the community center
· Wellness initiatives that reward you with vacation hours
· Organizational commitment to work/life balance
· Welcomes innovation & creativity
· Valued current team members
· Opportunities for promotions and career growth
· Friendly department competitions
· Fun and interactive employee newsletter
ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY:
Liberty, MO (pop. 31,507) ideally located northeast corner of metropolitan Kansas City on Interstate 35; Liberty enjoys easy access to the amenities of the big city, while preserving the atmosphere of a small town. Founded in 1822 and named for the principle that Americans hold most dear, Liberty is the second oldest incorporated town west of the Mississippi River. Liberty has a traditional downtown square that is the heart of the community, even with rapid commercial growth around the city’s perimeter. The downtown has retained the City’s public facilities and services, such as City Hall and the Police Department, as well as the Clay County Courthouse, Sheriff’s Department and administrative offices. There are consistent and strong partnerships between the City, County, Chamber of Commerce, the Main Street program, the Liberty Economic Development Corporation, Liberty Hospital and the Liberty Public School District. Today, with a school district that includes Liberty, Kansas City and Clay County, Liberty serves a population of more than 60,000. Liberty residents enjoy a highly rated school system within a proud, historical city in a growth period. The City of Liberty and the residents are dedicated to providing the highest level of services to ensure an exceptional quality of life for our community.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com