Application will be accepted through February 5, 2021. Apply Online at https://www.ofallon.mo.us/human-resources
The City of O’Fallon, MO is looking to hire a Business Recruiter within our Economic Development Department. Are you looking for a position where you’ll use and build on your knowledge of economic development, marketing and relationship building?
Our Business Recruiter earns a competitive salary of $69,347.20 – $86,224.53. We also offer excellent benefits including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, a 401 (a) plan, 11 holidays, 1 personal holiday, vacation time, paid sick time, a deferred compensation plan, employee assistance, tuition assistance, optional identity theft insurance, and a discounted fitness membership.
The purpose of the Business Recruiter position is to identify and attract economic growth opportunities through proactive prospecting of prime targets; establishing working relationships with commercial brokers, real estate developers, corporate decision makers, site selectors, and business owners; and providing timely information and assistance that leads directly to the attraction of new businesses, creation of jobs and capital investment in the community.
In this position, you can expect to fulfill the following major duties:
- Organizes and conducts the Department’s business attraction program through proactive outreach and relationship building with commercial brokers, developers, site locators, and business decision makers.
- Ensures the timely response to requests for information; records project details, prospect interactions, and follow-up activities into appropriate databases; and prepares program reports.
- Participates in marketing trips and events organized by state, regional and/or local economic development partners.
- Coordinates and tracks Request for Information responses and site location inquiries.
- Works directly with the Economic Development Coordinator to identify potential buildings and sites for new development.
- Assists with the assessment of the effectiveness of the Department’s local and national marketing/advertising campaigns.
- Recommends changes and updates to the Department’s business attraction website and supporting materials.
- Contributes to the Department’s reports, correspondences, newsletters, and public presentations.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
Knowledge required by the position
- Broad knowledge in Economic Development or technical field such as real estate, commercial marketing, public or business administration.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to research and prepare reports, correspondence, policies, procedures, and proposals.
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills.
Strong computer skills and technical knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Mathematical skills, analytical judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions.
- Broad knowledge of public incentive programs to leverage capital investment.
Physical demands / work environment
- The work varies between working in the office, conducting business visits in the community, attending business related meetings and attending various economic development related events/functions.
- In-office operations include computer work, phone calls, data management, and paperwork.
- Outside of the office includes meetings with businesses, property owners, realtors and/or developers on location and attending various economic development-related events.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Economic Development, Public Administration, Business or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Four (4) years of professional level experience working in economic development, real estate, commercial marketing or closely related field.
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be accepted.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid driver’s license for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
The City of O’Fallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com