Website City of O'Fallon
Economic Development Coordinator
The City of O’Fallon, MO is looking to hire a full-time Economic Development Coordinator. Are you ready to further your career in Economic Development in a thriving and growing community? Your first year you can expect to make a starting salary of $52,166.40 – $55,536.00.
We also offer excellent benefits including health, vision, dental, employer-paid life insurance, long-term disability, a retirement pension, a 401 (a) plan, 11 holidays, 1 personal holiday, vacation time, paid sick time, a deferred compensation plan, employee assistance, tuition assistance, optional identity theft insurance, and a discounted fitness membership. Is this the opportunity for you? Read on!
We’re looking for someone to perform support for the licensing and permitting process for starting, expanding or relocating in the City of O’Fallon and to support the Department’s business attraction and retention efforts through timely research and data.
Duties and responsibilities of an Economic Development Coordinator include:
• Serving as the City’s business ombudsman to guide new and existing business through the City’s permitting and business license approval processes.
• Representing the Economic Development department on the Open in the ‘O’ team, where multiple city departments and other public agencies meet with business owner(s) to review requirements for occupying and operating in a specific space; submits comments/observations for report that will be provided to the owner(s); and provides business location alternatives, if necessary.
• Monitoring and updating the database of available properties and buildings through regular communication with commercial real estate brokers, developers, and land/building owners.
• Responding in a timely manner to requests for information (RFI) and demographic data for business attraction projects.
• Attending conferences, conventions, and business expos to develop keys contacts, gather relevant information, and promote O’Fallon as a business location.
• Compiling and tracking information for monthly reports used by elected officials and the development community that identify building permits, occupancy rates, new projects under construction.
• Maintaining information and updates the Department’s websites.
• Assisting in updating the City’s demographics and retail center database.
• Performing other duties required for implementation of action plans to support the Economic Development Department’s goals and the City’s mission.
• Have broad knowledge in Economic Development or Community Planning. Typically, this is a level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a bachelor’s degree in a course of study related to the Economic Development field.
• Have two (2) years professional work experience in Economic development or a closely related field.
• Possess excellent customer service and verbal communication skills-being able to maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public is required.
• Possess or be able to readily obtain a valid driver’s license
Could this be the opportunity for you? We are seeking employees who:
• Exhibit self-motivation by always looking for ways to improve their knowledge and skills
• Possess skill in the analysis of problems and developing and implementing solutions
• Get great satisfaction from contributing to what makes O’Fallon such a great place to live!
ABOUT THE CITY OF O’FALLON
Join the team that keeps O’Fallon as “One of America’s Best Places to Live” (Money, 2019) and one of America’s Safest Cities (Safewise.com 2019).
O’Fallon, Missouri, has grown from small, rural roots into a thriving City that is home to international employers and more than 1,800 local businesses. With more than 89,000 residents, O’Fallon is now the second largest City in the St. Louis Metro Area, and the City has become a driving force in the region’s economy. Working for the City allows you to be part of it all with great benefits, competitive pay and a positive work environment. Apply today and join the team at one of the country’s best cities!
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this position in O’Fallon, Missouri, please fill out our application by visiting www.ofallon.mo.us. We look forward to meeting you!
The City of O’Fallon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org