Our Business is Growing Your Business
Be part of the most successful SBA 504 loan department in metro St. Louis helping companies grow and create jobs. The EDC of St. Charles County is looking for a full-time Assistant Vice President of Finance Programs. College degree and commercial loan experience required with strong marketing and sales abilities. Competitive pay and benefits offered. To apply, send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Jeremy Fettig at email@example.com
Title: Assistant Vice President of Finance
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Finance
Purpose: To help create and maintain the EDC’s portfolio and reputation as one of the top SBA lenders in the State of Missouri – known for excellent customer service, attention to detail, and rapid response to client needs – through marketing our financial programs, engaging in positive interactions with borrowers and lenders, and by providing vital support services to the SVP.
· Gathers initial loan information and screens for program eligibility, obtains required information from applicant and bank, structures the request, analyzes the financial statements, and makes recommendations regarding the creditworthiness of the loan and maintains communication with bank throughout the approval process.
· Responsible for gathering and analyzing credit information on potential borrowers for underwriting and loan processing.
· Evaluate loan risk and monitor credit worthiness of borrowers making recommendations.
· Assist small business owners to secure financing by completing necessary paperwork and submitting to the EDC Loan Committee and the SBA for final approval.
· Monitor the progress of applications.
· Assist with issues related to servicing and closing of loans.
· Maintain and apply a thorough understanding of SBA eligibility and all necessary business practices to ensure the submission of accurate and complete loan application packages.
· Promotes the EDC by maintaining a strong relationship with borrowers and lenders
· Provides reporting and support to the Missouri Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
· Other duties as assigned.
Characteristics and Experience Needed for Position:
· Strong leadership skills that allows individual to persuasively communicate detailed information to bankers, business borrowers, Board and Committee members, staff with EDC, SBA, NADCO and others.
· Proven leadership and self-starter skills to go from attracting loan applicants, to helping with the necessary paperwork, to providing analysis and recommendations, to shepherding an application from approval through closing and disbursement, to servicing and engaging with the borrower and their commercial bank during the life of the loan.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong computer skills including competency in Microsoft Word and Excel software.
· Strong ethical character and ability to handle highly confidential information and financial matters.
· Ability to embrace and implement continuous improvement for this position, and ability to suggest continuous improvement positively and constructively for the organization.
· Leadership is focused on producing consistent, accurate, and quality work. Leads by example, with a supportive, non-threatening, positive and friendly style.
· Minimum of BA or BS degree required
· Experience in commercial loans and strong marketing skills.
· Minimum of three years of experience in finance, preferably in a banking environment
The Economic Development Center (EDC) of St. Charles County is a public-private organization which promotes the economic growth and development in St. Charles County, the St. Louis region and State of Missouri. Founded in 1990, the EDC’s core services are business attraction and retention, business financing, business incubation, business counseling, regional marketing and public policy initiatives. As a non-governmental, 501(c)4 public-private partnership, the EDC annual budget is approximately $2.4 million, which includes approximately 10% funding from local government. The EDC is governed by a 29-member volunteer board made up of local government representatives, members of the St. Charles County Industrial Development Authority (IDA) and the Partners for Community Progress of Greater St. Charles, and other at-large business and civic members. The EDC mission is to be “a catalyst fostering growth so businesses, institutions, communities and individuals succeed and flourish in St. Charles County and metro St. Louis.” To learn more, visit www.edcscc.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org