Our Business is Growing Your Business
Title: Director of Communications and Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: President & CEO
To create and implement a comprehensive branding and marketing strategy designed to elevate St. Charles County’s image in the region and across the USA as a place to live, work, invest and play; and help measurably increase the number of economic development projects the EDC works with as well as increasing the usage of EDC services by the business community.
Successful outcomes for the leader in this position include:
- Measurable increase in positive media coverage for St. Charles County, both in general and in specific industry verticals, traditional and non-traditional media formats
- Measurable increase in economic development activity for the EDC, both in business attraction and retention projects
- Increased volume in business usage of EDC services for financing, incubating, counseling and public policy engagement, and attendance to EDC special events
- Increased membership and financial support of the organization
- Responsible for creating and elevating the EDC brand and the economic development promotional presence of St. Charles County
- Enhancement and maintenance of the EDC’s website so it becomes a compelling tool for business recruitment and a recognized resource for local economic development
- Graphic design for all EDC promotional materials
- Social media presence to promote EDC services and events as well as economic development opportunities in St. Charles County
- Establish metrics for tracking market penetration and report regularly on progress
- Support all lines of business within the EDC, including our public policy efforts and agency partners
- Collaborate with local and regional communication peers on shared goals and efforts
- Data entry management and support
Characteristics and Experience Needed for Position:
- Strong leadership skills that allows individual to persuasively communicate vision and direction with the board, EDC team, economic development and community partners, and other high-level officials
- Proven leadership and self-starter skills to build and carry-out successful marketing and communications efforts with potential assistance from other employees, contractors, interns and volunteers
- Proven creative competency and the ability to create unique messaging which will resonate with educated and discerning audiences
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough knowledge with all applicable social media tools, and experience in building campaigns around them
- Experience in website design and establishing processes for regular maintenance and updates
- Experience in creative and compelling graphic design that can have measurable results
- Experience in writing newsletters, news releases, social media posts, blogs, speeches, etc.
- Experience in media relations and public relations.
- Event planning experience
- Minimum of five years marketing experience
- Leadership is focused on producing consistent, accurate, and quality work. Leads by example, with a supportive, non-threatening style
- Minimum of BA or BS degree required
The position will require talking, listening, reading, and sitting for long periods working at a computer screen. This position requires some flexibility of work schedule.
The position will be in a climate-controlled office in the EDC offices located in St. Peters, Missouri, and could require some travel, both during the week and occasionally over the weekend. Total regional or national travel varies based on overall project activity and marketing events. The nature of the position requires the Director of Communications and Marketing to participate in many evening events.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Statement of Inclusion:
The EDC of St. Charles County extends equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified individuals, regarding and all terms and conditions of employment.
The Economic Development Council (EDC) of St. Charles County is a public-private organization which promotes the economic growth and development in St. Charles County, the St. Louis region and State of Missouri. Founded in 1990, the EDC’s core services are business attraction and retention, business financing, business incubation, business counseling, regional marketing and public policy initiatives. As a non-governmental, 501(c)4 public-private partnership, the EDC annual budget is approximately $2 million, which includes less than 10% funding from local government. The EDC is governed by a 29-member volunteer board made up of local government representatives, members of the St. Charles County Industrial Development Authority (IDA) and the Partners for Progress of Greater St. Charles, and other at-large business and civic members. Our mission is to be “a catalyst fostering growth so businesses, communities, institutions and individuals succeed and flourish in St. Charles County and metro St. Louis.”
To learn more, visit www.edcscc.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org