The Ennovation Center is a 28,000 square foot business incubator
Independence Regional Ennovation Center
The Independence Economic Development Council (EDC) is currently looking to fill the position of Executive Director of the Ennovation Center business incubator, which is a subsidiary of the EDC. The incubator is a multi-faceted facility that supports early stage businesses offering physical space for commercial food preparation, bio-tech wet labs, and general office space.
This position is a key member of the economic development team that serves the City of Independence. The Executive Director will be involved in many aspects of the overall economic development program to support the goals of the organization as established by the Board of Directors. The Independence EDC is a non-profit that operates as a public private partnership. Founded in 1983, the EDC currently has a staff of 2 with a budget of $450,000 annually.
Title: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Qualifications: Evidence of strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills;
Demonstrated ability to network within the business community;
Ability to work with diverse groups including businesses, entrepreneurs, major corporations, universities, and the local school districts, the public, and economic development organizations;
Ability to operate as a business professional and an effective educator, and show evidence of a willingness to fulfill both roles;
Strongly desired: Experience in working with start-ups;
Working knowledge of economic development principles and programs;
Previous record of building strong networks with business leaders; and,
Experience desired in any aspect of small business, such as banking or personally owning and/or operating a commercial venture.
1. Possess the ability to identify and recruit potential clients for the Ennovation Center (business incubator), discerning their readiness to start or expand a business;
2. Possess skills required to instruct and assist clients in the areas of business plan development, market analysis, identification of and process to apply for sources of capital for business development and growth, business tax issues, and laws related to employment issues;
3. Possess skills required to manage landlord/tenant relationships for the Ennovation Center, including structural and operational procedures;
4. Develop and maintain partnerships with other public and/or private organizations which provide business development assistance for the benefit of clients.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Facilitate strategic planning for clients;
2. Develop informational sessions and educational programs for clients on issues relevant to startup companies;
3. Act as a liaison between public and private sectors in application and implementation of business development programs;
4. Stay current and inform companies of special financing and tax incentives available to business development companies;
5. Keep accurate files and records of each client company and any related correspondence;
6. Keep current on all services of the Ennovation Center in order to cross-sell its services to clients and the public; and,
7. Promote the Ennovation Center, its programs, and employees with specific responsibilities for recruitment and promotion.
Other Responsibilities Include:
· Developing strategic goals and objectives for the client service programs;
· Assisting in preparing the annual budget;
· Facilitating the negotiation and structure of client agreements and leases, including the collection of rents and fees;
· Performing as a liaison between the clients, businesses and the Incubator throughout the region;
· Monitoring progress of client companies;
· Establishing linkage for client funding opportunities via venture capital/equity firms and angel networks;
· Coordinating and planning client advisory team and mentor meetings;
· Assisting in planning and organizing Ennovation Center events;
· Presenting operating results to EDC Board of Directors;
· Serving as a primary client interface for Ennovation Center programs;
· Attending Organization meetings as required; and,
· Other duties as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
· Salary range: $45,000 to $60,000, dependent on skills and qualifications;
· Health insurance;
· Life insurance;
· Employee pension plan with contribution of annual salary;
· Paid time off annually;
· Reimbursement for travel/mileage costs;
· 40 hour work week with flexible work schedule;
· Cell phone, data connected iPad and laptop provided; and,
· Opportunity for annual performance bonus.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume to:
201 North Forest Avenue, Suite 120
Independence, Missouri 64050
www.inedc.biz or www.ennovationcenter.com
This position is open until filled. The Independence EDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org