Platte County (MO) Economic Development Council (PCEDC)
Business & Member Outreach Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Exempt Status: Exempt
Approved By: Executive Committee
Approved Date: September 18, 2020
To provide staff support for the implementation of the goals and objectives of the Platte County Economic Development Council (PCEDC) as set by the Board of Directors and outlined in the annual Program of Work. This particular position performs duties associated with community and existing business development services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
BUSINESS OUTREACH/WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
1. Works to build, maintain, and enhance a pro-business climate in our communities.
2. Establishes and manages a Business Retention and Expansion (BRE) Program.
3. Collects and analyzes data about existing businesses to understand the local economy.
4. Assists businesses in addressing immediate needs and issues.
5. Identifies businesses at risk of leaving and those with expansion opportunities.
6. Facilitates involvement from the business community’s executive personnel.
7. Manages organizational activities related to workforce development services for residents and employers.
8. Manages organizational activities relative to entrepreneur/small business development services for Platte County residents and employers.
9. Manages all business outreach efforts in the community.
MEMBER INVESTOR OUTREACH
1. Assists the Executive Director in developing strategies for attracting new member investors while also securing renewals/upgrades.
2. Manages all investor events including luncheons, annual meetings and other special events such as investor recognition events, investor roundtables and business tours for investors only.
3. Manages internal investor communications.
4. Manages investor information inventory, database and correspondence.
5. Responds to phone inquiries regarding investor services.
6. Assists Executive Director with press releases as they relate to member investor activities.
7. Manages the development and distribution of all publications, communications and Web page that pertain to an internal organizational marketplace including the organizational calendar.
8. Manages the assembly and distribution of statistical information that pertains to an internal organizational marketplace.
1. Attends, as assigned, organizational meetings, Board of Directors & action teams, takes minutes of the meetings and coordinate the communication of dates, times and administration of the various groups of the council.
2. Perform other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION &/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University; one to two years related experience and/or post graduate training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of members or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
Ability to work with computer software, including Windows, Word for Windows, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Outlook, and ACT database software. Familiarity with webpage terminology preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTE: Neither this job description nor any other PCEDC communication creates an employment contract. The Board of Directors retains the right without prior notice to amend, delete, or change the contents of this job description.
For more information, please contact:
Matt Tapp, AICP – Executive Director
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org