Website St. Charles County Government
DIRECTOR – WORKFORCE & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
WORKFORCE & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT
Salary Range: $77,457.79 – $121,686.19 per year
This is a full-time position which includes a full range of benefits including Paid Time Off, Extended Medical Leave, Holidays, Employee Health, Dental, Life, Disability, Retirement, and Tuition Assistance programs.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The purpose of this position is to plan and direct the Department of Workforce and Business Development activities and personnel to assist clients in job counseling, skills evaluation and placement according to applicable mandates, to assist businesses with workforce recruitment efforts. The work is performed under the direction of the County Executive, Director of Administration, Assistant Director of Administration, and the Workforce Development Board. The Director assures the effective and efficient planning and implementation of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) in St. Charles County.
• Prepares department operating budget. Researches program local, state and federal funding sources and related funding requirements.
• Provides oversight to the Center’s operational plan according to state guidelines. Develops services, programs and client narrative and statistical reports.
• Reviews federal and state rules and regulations regarding WIOA. Insures full compliance with federal regulations.
• Insures program operations meet Federal Performance Standards as negotiated with the State of Missouri.
• Prepares requests for proposals, contract specifications and contracts. Reviews bids and recommends awards.
• Oversees the direction of the Center’s quality improvement/strategic plan.
• Reviews financial and program reports and determines spending level modifications.
• Maintains knowledge of job training, skills evaluation, placement and program requirements, funding sources, mandates, budget development and administration principles; procurement policies; personnel administration practices and social service resources.
• Reviews and approves payroll and payables. Approves purchases, disbursements, and allocations.
• Conducts and attends meetings at local, state, and national level in regard to WIOA as well as economic development issues. Makes presentations for various entities on WIOA, workforce and economic development issues.
• Provides oversight of the Center’s operation.
• Prepares departmental responses to site selection and business investment project inquiries, working in collaboration with local governments and partner agencies at regional and state levels.
• Prepares statistical and narrative reports.
• Prepares bid advertisements and public notices.
• Approves and monitors program reports.
• Develops corrective action plans with staff.
• Maintains contact with various other organizations and agencies. Provides information regarding workforce programs to customers, clients and employers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in workforce development, economic development, job training or closely related experience required.
• Preferred Qualifications: 8-10 years of relevant experience. 5 years of progressively responsible senior-level management and leadership experience of a department, division, or region; and experience managing federal grant funded programs.
TO APPLY: All applications must be submitted through our Self-Service Website at http://hr.sccmo.org/hr. We do not accept faxed, e-mailed, or print applications.
Applications will be accepted on a continuing basis until the position is filled or until a sufficient number of applications is received.
St. Charles County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. St. Charles County is a drug and alcohol-free work place. A pre-employment drug screen is required for all positions. Employment is contingent on successfully passing all appropriate background checks.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org