Brian Grace focuses on state and local legislative, regulatory and public policy advocacy for corporate, trade association, nonprofit and local government clients. He has deep experience in the creation and implementation of tax incentives for business development, job creation, infrastructure development and nonprofit support purposes.
“Year after year, job creation consistently ranks as the number one issue on voters’ minds and, thus, the number one issue that state legislators campaign on. It is an honor to be the voice within the Capitol of the economic development professionals who wake up every morning seeking to make Missouri America’s leading center of job creation.” Brian Grace
- Assisted in the passing of a US$1.7 billion legislative incentive package in an attempt to attract an aerospace manufacturing facility to St. Louis on behalf of a business advocacy organization.
- Protected a Fortune 100 health care company from an onslaught of competitors’ attempts to tilt the regulatory playing field.
- Accessed Youth Opportunity Program tax credits, on behalf of a St. Louis-based nonprofit, to help fund a program assisting at-risk youth in entering the workforce.
- Secured an annual state appropriation to fund Teach for America’s growth in Missouri’s lowest performing school districts.
Honors and Awards
- Listed, “40 Under 40,” St. Louis Business Journal, 2014
- Listed, “The 100+ List,” The Missouri Times, 2013
- Profiled, “St. Louis Character,” St. Louis Business Journal, 2013
- Profiled, “Pro Bono Challenge,” The Missouri Times, 2013
- Listed, “30 Under 30,” St. Louis Business Journal, 2008
Activities and Affiliations
- Speaker, Missouri Economic Development Council Winter Conference Legislative Update, Jefferson City, MO, February 10, 2014
- Speaker, “Review of 2013 Missouri Legislative Session,” Dentons’ 11th Annual CLE Seminar for In-House Counsel, St. Louis, June 21, 2013
- Moderator, Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) Legislative Recap Lunch, St. Louis, June 14, 2011
- Speaker, Missouri Growth Association and NAIOP Legislative Recap Breakfast, St. Louis, May 25, 2011
- Speaker, Missouri Growth Association Election Wrap-up Breakfast, St. Louis, December 8, 2010
- Panelist, SNR Denton Election Insights Panel, St. Louis, November 4, 2010
- A cancer survivor, Brian volunteers his time to raise awareness and funding for the Siteman Cancer Center and St. Louis Children’s Hospital as the vice chair of the Advisory Committee for Pedal the Cause.
- Brian is a member of the University of Missouri’s Department of Political Science Advisory Board.
- Brian served as a member of Governor Jay Nixon’s Missouri Strategic Initiative for Economic Growth, Tax Incentives Implementation Team.
Prior and Present Employment
Prior to joining Dentons, Brian served as the director of Public Policy and Legislative Affairs for the Missouri Department of Economic Development. In this position, he led the development and implementation of Governor Matt Blunt’s economic policy. Previously, Brian worked for the Missourians for Matt Blunt campaign team in 2004 and as a member of Governor-elect Blunt’s gubernatorial transition team. Prior to that, Brian worked as a lobbyist with Harness-Gallagher Governmental Consultants.
Share showme.org with your associates!